The role and functions of Vigilance is in conformity with the CVC's special chapter on Vigilance for the PSUs. IRCTC being a service organization, Vigilance has also redefined its role and functions.
On the preventive and punitive side various measures considered by the Vigilance includes :
- Examination of the existing organization and procedures with a view to eliminate or minimize factors affording opportunity for corruption or malpractices.
- Identify the sensitive/corruption prone spots in the Corporation and keep surveillance on the officials posted on sensitive areas.
- Planning and enforcement of Surprise and Periodical Inspections, Surprise visits for detecting failures in quality and quantity, violation of agreements, rules and regulations indicative of existence of corruption or malpractices. This includes inspections at Food Plazas, Mobile Units, Departmental Units, Stores, etc.
- Maintain proper surveillance on officers of Doubtful Integrity/ Agreed List.
- Observance of Conduct Rules relating to integrity of the Officers, like (i) Annual Property Returns; (ii) Gifts accepted by the officials; (iii) Benami transactions; (iv) Regarding relatives employed in private firms or doing private business etc. or having business dealing with IRCTC.
- Speedy disposal of Vigilance cases.
- Project cost: Rs. 10 crores
- Assist and monitor various stages of disciplinary proceedings so that the disciplinary proceedings are brought to logical conclusion and guilty is punished in a schedule time frame.
- Coordination with CBI in Vigilance matters.
- Effective coordination with the CVC/ Railway Board on vigilance matters.
- Bringing awareness amongst staff and officers of IRCTC.